Share this page
On this site
Duke of Edinburgh's Award
As one of the UK's leading youth charities the Duke of Edinburgh's Award reaches many people in many different ways and gives young adults the chance to fulfil their potential.
Nottingham City now has its own DofE license, coordinated by the Sport, Outdoor Learning and Adventure Team, which allows us to run a full programme on behalf of schools and youth groups.
We want to encourage all young people from across the City who are aged Year 9 upwards to gain this award. Many of the adventure opportunities we offer at an earlier age help to stimulate the interest, drive and perseverance necessary for success.
So if you're interested in doing the various activities involved, meeting new people and trying new challenges then the DofE Award scheme is for you.
The award comprises sections on:
- Volunteering - helping someone, your community or the environment.
- Physical - becoming fitter through sport, dance or fitness activities.
- Skills - developing existing talents or trying something new.
- Expedition - planning, training for and completing an adventurous journey!
- Residential (Gold only) - staying and working away from home as part of a team.
Residentials are now available on our Narrowboat Project which are a DofE Approved Activity Provider. For more information on our Narrowboats click here! or download our Gold Residential Narrowboat pack by clicking here! [171kb]
So whether you want to join a DofE programme and achieve an Award or support us in our work please contact the Award Officer.