Robin Hood Energy

'Have Your Say' - Comments, Compliments and Complaints

Nottingham City Council is committed to providing the best possible services for its customers. Our 'Have Your Say' comments, compliments and complaints process gives you the chance to tell us what you think of the services we provide.

Comments, Compliments or Complaints Online Form

How to Comment, Compliment or Complain about our services

  • Complete our online form
  • Phone us direct if you know the number or call us on 0115 915 5555 and we'll put you through
  • Speak to us in person at any Council reception point or office
  • Use Textphone or minicom by dialling 18001 0115 then the direct telephone number of the service you want to feed back about if you know it, or 0115 915 5555 and ask them to put you through
  • Write direct to the service you want to feed back about or, if you don't know their address, write to: Have Your Say, Nottingham City Council, Loxley House, Station Street, Nottingham NG2 3NG

Click here to view our detailed word icon Comments, Compliments and Complaints policy [267kb]

If you require any of this information in an alternative format e.g. Large Print, Braille etc please email or call 0115 876 4921.   

Guide to our Complaints Procedure

As each stage ends, you will be asked if you are satisfied with the way your complaint has been handled and, if you're not satisfied, whether you wish to move to the next stage of the process. We will always make sure we learn from hearing about your problem, and try to stop it happening again.

When you tell us you are not satisfied with our response, or that we are taking too long to solve the problem, we will start the next stage of the process.

At each stage you will be given the contact details of a named person within 3 working days of telling us you are not satisfied.

Stage 1 - Informal

  • If you tell us you're not happy we will contact you within 2 working days to try to solve the problem quickly

Stage 2 - Formal

  • We will investigate your complaint formally and give you a full response within 10 working days

Stage 3 - Review of investigation

  • A senior manager will review the investigation, they will confirm why you are still not satisfied and will provide a full response within 25 working days

We reserve the right not to refer the case to Stage 4 if the complaint is about a policy that cannot be changed or if the response at Stage 4 will be a repeat of the responses given at Stages 1, 2 or 3.

Stage 4 - Sent to Chief Executive for final review

  • Your complaint may be sent to the Chief Executive who will ask a person who has not been involved in the case before to carry out a final review, we will send you a full written report of our final decision within 15 working days, or if we need more time, we will send you a letter telling you when our final review will be completed

When we have investigated and reviewed your complaint, if you are still not happy, you can contact the Local Government Ombudsman


We intend, where possible, to deal with all complaints under the above four stage procedure. However there are a few exceptions for legal reasons such as a complaint that has already been heard by a court or tribunal, or a complaint where the citizen or the Council has commenced legal proceedings or has taken court action.

Also, the following exceptions have specific procedures governing complaints and appeals.  We will let you know what the correct process is if your complaint falls into one the categories listed below.

  • Independent Rent Officer
    The Rent Officer is independent of the Council, and is part of the Valuation Office Agency (VOA), please see the VOA website or call 0845 026 4696 for more information
  • Refused Planning Permission
    Appeals against refusal of planning permission or against conditions placed on a grant of planning permission are dealt with by The Planning Inspectorate
    Website:  For more information visit Planning Applicationsor the Government's Planning Portal
    Telephone: 0117 372 6372
    Address: Room 3/05 Kite Wing, Temple Quay House, 2 The Square, Temple Quay, Bristol BS1 6PN
  • School Complaints
    The Local Authority is not responsible for the day to day running of schools, therefore please contact the school's Head Teacher or Chair of Governors
    Website: Visit Complaints about schools for details of the school complaints procedure
  • Fixed Penalty Disputes - Environmental Crimes (including dog-fouling)
    Please contact Processing and Enforcement Services
    Website: Processing and Enforcement Services
    Telephone: 0115 876 1499
  • Penalty Charge Notice - Bus Lane Contravention
    Dispute a penalty charge notice for bus lane contravention
    Please contact: Processing and Enforcement Services
    Website: CCTV bus lane and camera enforcement
    Telephone: 0115 876 1499
  • Refusal of Disabled Parking Badges
    A complaint about the refusal of disabled badges for parking exemption, please contact Blue Badge Enforcement
    Website: Disabled Blue Badges
    Telephone: 0115 876 1499

Local Government Ombudsman

Once your complaint has been investigated after Stage 4, or Stage 3 if we do not escalate, and you're still not satisfied, you can contact the Local Government Ombudsman and ask them to look at your complaint.

You can contact them in the following ways:

By Post: Local Government Ombudsman, PO Box 4771, Coventry CV4 0EH
By Phone: 0300 061 0614 (Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5pm)
Text: 07624 804299

 Is there anything wrong with this page?

 Make a comment on this service

Facebook Twitter You Tube Nottingham City Council, Loxley House, Station Street, Nottingham. NG2 3NG
Privacy Statement | Accessibility

Nottingham City Homes Nottinghamshire Police Stonewall Nottingham Credit Union