Library and Information Services contact information
- Email: enquiryline@nottingh...
- Tel: 0115 915 2828
- Library and Information Services contact information
Share this page
On this site
Library services for older people
All Nottingham City Library services are available to you, including books, information, DVDs and computer access.
Perhaps you didn't know that the library service provides:
- Resources for people with a visual impairment
- Information service
- Computers to use FREE of charge
- Resources for research in family history
- Historical photographs
- A service for people with restricted mobility
- A service for residential homes
- What else is there?
- What does it cost?
- Large print: fiction and non-fiction books by a wide range of authors
- Talking books, including novels, biographies and non fiction.
- The Listening Chain - a book group for Talking Books. Contact Nicola on 0115 915 1186 to find out more
- CLEARVIEW machine in Nottingham Central Library to help you read books and documents
- Supernova software on public computers to enhance text
Further information is available on our special web page for those with a visual impairment. Click here to visit our pages on visual impairment
The library staff can help with answers to a huge range of queries from our reference books and the Internet, whether it is about hobbies and interests, travel, or pensions. You can ask in your local library, telephone 0115 915 2828 or click here to use our on-line enquiry service.
There are special health information collections in all libraries, with books, leaflets and our recommended websites. Click here for information about health collections in libraries.
You can use a wide range of electronic resources remotely from your home computer, or from our computers in City libraries. You'll just need the number on your library card. Click here for more information on the electronic resources available.
Nottingham Connected - computers for all - computers for you to use in all City libraries. Click here for more information about Nottingham Connected - computers for all.
- Keep in touch with your family by e-mail
- Use Microsoft Office for letters, accounts etc
- Use the Internet for information, booking holidays, online shopping, family history
If you need help to get started, book a One2One computer help session. Library staff offer short sessions, free of charge, to help you learn the basics such as using a mouse, word processing and using email.
There is a wide range of resources on Floor 1 of Nottingham Central Library for people researching their family history. Click here for information on how to research your family history. All Nottingham libraries also offer access to useful websites for internet based family history research.
The Picture the Past website contains thousands of old photographs relating to Nottingham and Nottinghamshire. Why not look to find places you remember from the past? Click here to visit The Picture the Past website.
If you are unable to visit your local library because you have restricted mobility, the library service, in partnership with the WRVS, operates the Home Library Service. To find out more, please ring 0115 9155700 or visit the Home Library Service
WRVS Asian Home Library Service
Can you spare a few hours every week, fortnight or month to improve the quality of life for people in your area?
We want to recruit friendly Asian language speaking volunteers to help deliver our Asian Home Library Service.
All expenses are paid and both drivers and non-drivers are welcome.
For further details, phone 0115 9152828 and ask for the Asian Home Library Service.
The Library Service delivers regular collections of books and other materials to homes and sheltered accommodation. There is an annual fee for this service. Please contact your local library for more information.
- Several city libraries have their own reading groups, so please get in touch if you would like to join an informal group to discuss some good reads. Click here for more information about reading groups
- Special events happen across all libraries from author talks to information events. Click here for details of What's on?
Many of our services are completely free:
- Joining the library - click here to find out how you can join the library
- Loan of books, large print and spoken word
- One hour's use of our computers each week for library members
Click here for information about our charges.Click here for more information about our charges
Don't forget you can activate your Citycard for use as a library membership card as well. Just ask at your local library.
Please call us on 0115 915 2828 to find out more.