Local Studies materials and services reflect the changing scene of Nottingham and Nottinghamshire - their communities, prominent individuals and related subjects, from earliest times to the present day
Most city libraries have a Local Studies collection but the main collection can be found on Floor 1 of Nottingham Central Library.
- Family History
- Local Studies Resources
- Local Studies Research and Enquiry Service
- What's new in Local Studies
- Some materials are available for loan, but most of the stock is for use in the library only
- Much of the collection (including all material for loan) is listed on the Online Catalogue, however a significant proportion of the stock is currently still only recorded in card catalogues on site
- We have a Local Studies Material online, please download the Discover Nottingham’s History app for iPhone or iPad
- The larger part of the collection is housed in areas accessible only to staff - requests to view material may be made at the Help Desk on Floor 1 Nottingham Central Library
- Because of the nature of some of the materials (e.g. newspaper cuttings, photographs, ephemera), many items are not individually catalogued but are filed according to their subject category
If you have any questions regarding access to materials, contact the Local Studies Library on 0115 915 2873 or email email@example.com
Family History drop-in sessions
Nottingham Local Studies Library will be offering a new service - Family History drop-in sessions.
The sessions will run on the first Wednesday of every month, 10am to 12pm, in the Local Studies Library, floor 1, Central Library.
Anyone with family history questions is welcome – whether they are just starting or are already doing their research. Please note that they don’t need to have Nottinghamshire ancestors.
Any questions please contact Nottingham Local Studies Library on 0115 915 2873 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get our latest updates delivered to your inbox.
Sign up for Job Alerts, What's On, Latest News and more...